Dear Rumi

IMG_20140116_085410_191-1

Dear Rumi,

Centuries later,

You have made me cry,

For I too have been here since the dawn of time,

Absorbing essence of light and dark, soil and sky,

But the word,

Your words,

Read from ancient scrolls

Left me bleeding with the thorns of roses wanting more,

Pleading for the universe to make my words eternal,

For my passion, like yours, to last forever,

In hunger, in longing, in forgiveness and in letting go,

To carry this heavy burden of love, in beauty,

Like you,

A brilliant flower garden in the cyclical budding of time,

In grief, and in joy,

for all the universe to hear and feel and love,

That timeless heartbeat aching to be free

Yet wanting to be captured

By her, by me, by infinite melody.

For Noora, Who Inspires,

Karen K.L. Espaniola,  January 26, 2014

21 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Noora
    Jan 26, 2014 @ 10:57:15

You are a true inspiration in my life. I’m absolutely honored by the dedication – although it is Rumi who deserves it more than I do. I was just a messenger :))

“That timeless heartbeat aching to be free
    Yet wanting to be captured
    By her, by me, by infinite melody.”

… pure perfection!

P.S. Housework can ALWAYS wait. :))

• karenespaniola
      Jan 26, 2014 @ 11:16:19

:)) Thank you Noora! There is no message without the messenger!
      There will be no Housework without poetry.
      And you know you are an inspiration to me,
      and I am honored to call you my friend.
      Always,
      Karen

2. Noora
    Jan 26, 2014 @ 11:11:39

Reblogged this on Echoes and Reflections and commented:
    One of the things I love about poetry is that it is timeless! Today, I’m sharing Karen’s incredibly beautiful tribute to Rumi. Karen is an amazing poet herself. If you’re not following her already – you really should. Karen’s work never ceases to amaze and inspire me!

3. karenespaniola
    Jan 26, 2014 @ 11:26:51

❤ ❤ That is so nice of you!!! YOU are an inspiration to ME! Always, Always, Always!!

4. elliebelfiglio
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 01:31:30

So wonderful when I hear people appreciate RUMI, a poet of all time and my countryman.

5. karenespaniola
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 04:59:49

As I listened to Madonna read RUMI’s Bittersweet I was filled with emotions and wept…he IS a poet of all time! 🙂

6. Himani B
    Feb 01, 2014 @ 16:13:13

absolutely gorgeous piece of writing! Rumi is and has been my lighthouse..the only poet who can make me laugh and cry at the same time 🙂 so this, my dearest, I love and enjoyed very much! wishing you Love and Light on your journey xx

• karenespaniola
      Feb 01, 2014 @ 22:07:26

Thank you Himani B. I appreciate your comment. 🙂 When I heard Madonna reading his work I couldn’t believe the emotions I was feeling. Just amazing that after hundreds of years his work is so relevant today. Timeless. For all times. Love, Peace, Joy to you!

7. Michael R. Dale
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 21:26:58

truly beautiful… I started a piece of work called Conversations with Rumi it may be of interest to you. http://mrmichaeldale.com/man-of-words/poetry-2/conversations-with-rumi/

8. Mamta Agrahar
    Jul 27, 2014 @ 05:44:48

This is a gorgeous piece of writing. Enjoyed this a lot!

9. debcorreia
    Jan 03, 2015 @ 16:33:15

Karen,
    Your poem is beautiful.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Poetry

Copy Rights

© Karen K.L.Espaniola and hinarising.com. 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Karen K.L. Espaniola and hinarising.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

%d bloggers like this: